Friday, January 18, 2013

Dreaming of Carousels & Carnivals ;D

I have ALWAYS loved going to carnivals & riding the carousel growing up, so naturally, I'm drawn to almost ALL of the Lolita Carousel prints...& I've owned a few for a while...but then ended up selling them...


 I bought this handmade Sweet Rococo print skirt & then embellished it with eyelet lace on the bottom...& I even made waistties...but I only wore it once...& then sold it...somehow the color & pattern never quite matched :/
 then after much debating, I bought the highly coveted Bodyline carousel bag & skirt ;D
I had every intention of wearing it, but somehow the measurements were different & it just barely fit me :(  I ended up selling these as well...
And finally, I managed to snag a brand skirt: Angelic Pretty's Twilight Carnival ^_^
NOT the jsk...I got the skirt ;) but I got it in Ivory, like the picture ^^
Now, this skirt was SUPER PRETTY & I loved everything about it...but...the design of it was weird & it was unfortunately too tight for me :(  So, this one was sold as well...

And after all that, I sort of gave up on the idea of owning any carousel prints...but then...new ones started popping up ;D

First I saw was IW's Merry-go-round
I much prefer the onepiece version as it looks a little more classy ^^
 And of course, there's an amazing matching bag, which helped sway me ^^
But then...AP is coming out with Day Dream Carnival & there's this very lovely JSK version with some chiffon detailing...and the matching tights are super cute ^_^  I wasn't in love when I first saw it, but more & more it's growing on me...And, I'm planning to buy a new Lolita wig, which will look AMAZING with this, so I'm even more tempted... ;D

But...before all that, I need to first sell a bunch of Lolita items I don't wear/haven't worn and then, reorganize my collection(i'm getting more too)...BEFORE buying any new prints...but who knows, maybe this year, I will finally get a carousel print I like XD

No comments:

Post a Comment