Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Juliette et Justine/ Rakuten Review ^^

After drooling over the BEAUTIFUL JetJ dresses in vol 45 of the GLB, I decided to splurge & get one(i already wrote about it many times in previous posts ^^)  XD  But, after checking out the website, I couldn't figure out how to register for their site, so I went through Rakuten:

Official site:
http://juliette-et-justine.com/

Rakuten JetJ:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/juliette/

The dress wasn't quite ready on the main website yet & instead they were taking reservations...so, i put mine in ^^ Then, Rakuten emailed me & JetJ confirming my order & later, i got my invoice. I quickly paid, but b/c it was a reserve, I was notified that the dress wouldn't be shipped out until the end of the next month.  And so, the waiting game began...which went well until it was past the end of the month & going into the next month....I got another email...BUT! It was an email saying that there was a flaw in the printing of the fabric & so it would take even longer for the dress to be shipped out :/

They also gave an option of cancelling the order at that time in case i needed it by a certain date...but i didn't, so i kept waiting... thinking it wouldn't come until the next year...  But then, about a week later, i got the email that said MY DRESS SHIPPED OUT!! I thought, yay! i'll still get it in time for Christmas ^_^ AND THEN, today....I finally got it...& it's waay more beautiful in person...but that seems to be how it is for a lot of brands XD

Anyways, as usual, here's the timeline...& then...what everyone looks for...PICTURES ^_^

Sept 18: Ordered through Rakuten, email sent to me & JetJ
Sept 20: Received email directly from JetJ with notice of invoice sent(through paypal, yay!) & that I have 7 days to pay.
Sept 21: Order confirmation email sent from Rakuten after paying.
Sept 25: Email from JetJ saying when item will ship out & that they'll send tracking info when it does.

Dec 4: Received email from JetJ explaining about delay & giving option to cancel order in case dress won't come it time. (I decided to wait it out...i REALLY wanted the dress...)
Dec 13: Email from JetJ saying order shipped & gave tracking info (EMS).
Dec 18: PACKAGE ARRIVED...BUT! I was charged with a pretty high customs fee...
they DID NOT mark down the cost & kept it at the retail value O_O
~But, it could've been worse, so i'll just accept it...my mom had to pay it though since i was at work, so now i have to pay her back...i'll just make a mental note for next time XD

 Yay! It finally came...unfortunately, with customs charges...
 After having issues taking off the outside wrapping, i came to a simple cardboard box
 & inside, my invoice & a card & sheet showing my item ^^

 And then, the package, which was wrapped so nicely ^^
 Finally...MY DRESS ^_^
 IT'S SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!
 Some pics of details...
 Tag with size

 And the fabric is so gorgeous, soft & lightweight...here's the front
 And the back ^^
 And then, moment of truth...IT FITS! HOORAY!!
It actually fits me REALLY well, which i was so surprised...i actually won't need to "cheat" for this one ;) 
 closeup of print...there's pleating, so some of the design is hidden ;)
And a back view ^^ I HAD to try it on with the matching tights ^_^

Overall, I was super duper excited to order my first JetJ item & now that I know my style is more classic, I may have to invest in more later on ;)  XP And I'm officially in love with all things Bordeux XD Now all I need is a long petticoat ;P

BLOG NEWS: I'm waiting for one more item...& then...WARDROBE POST XD Coming VERY soon ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment