Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sewing project: Part 2

Most was done by Monday, but straps & pocket were added Tues night...& then i washed & wore it out on Wed...probably the fastest outfit i've ever made ;P
Anyways, here are the progress pics i promised :)

After making base dress, the top was gathered w/ elastic (like a tube top)
Then, I made a ruffle & sewed it on...along with sewing down a doily to the top (half on the front, half on the back).
 Then, I added on straps & sewed down a smaller doily to make a pocket ^^
 And there u have it, my Doily Dress :D
A quick coord using a top I got from a friend, some lace ankle socks & white eyelet cork sandals ^^
I'm really happy w/ how this dress came out b/c it can be worn like this...or it can be belted to create a different look (other coords to come) XD

No comments:

Post a Comment