This week's topic is a peek into my closet...but...i've actually already done a wardrobe post earlier...& I'm always posting my new items, so instead...I shall cover "Themes" that are seen in my Wardrobe ^_^
First: Alice in Wonderland:
Almost immediately when I started getting into wearing Lolita, I loved almost ALL of the AiW prints ;D I don't own all of them though b/c some of them have too much Pink elements in them, which i don't care for. BUT, Luckily, there were lots of non-pink prints as well & I managed to snag some of them ^^
Left to Right:
Infanta Alice print dress (I think it's a replica)
I bought this from an ebay site as a Bday gift for myself ^^ As this was before I knew any of the Japanese brands, I was very excited to own it & there was also a matching headbow available, so I bought the set ;) Even though it's not a main Brand, I still love this dress a lot & have worn it many times for Photoshoots ;D
BTSSB Alice in Funfair:
I saw this dress on Closet Child (which is where a lot of my pieces are from) and actually, I almost didn't buy it...mainly b/c I was unsure if I liked the print or not...But then, I had just finished embellishing a bag & realized that it would look perfect with the dress ;D So, I gave in & bought it & now it's one of my most worn pieces in my closet ^^
BTSSB Alice's Mirage in Paradox ^_^
I did a whole post about this, but my OBSESSION with this print started when I first saw it on the Baby SF blog/fb page...& they would post amazing coords using it & the print was in one of the GLBs, so I decided I had to have it XD It's a little different b/c the focus is on the Tweedles, but the checkered pattern & color drew me in regardless...I even got the skirt in the same colorway ;)
Second: TEDDY BEARS ^_^
ALL of my friends know by now my LOVE of all Teddy Bear things and since starting Lolita, it's just grown more & more...spreading to jewelry & bags & socks ;P
Innocent World has sooo many Bear Prints, it's so hard to pick a favorite, but I managed to find 2 I really like ;D On the left is the Sweets Teddy Bear print jsk, which I got after selling another bear print jsk...but I've worn it for outings & even to my family's xmas party ;)
On the right is Museum Bear jsk, which I bought from the IW online site during one of the sales...I originally wanted the blue one at first, but the beige grew on me quickly & I really love the long length.
And then...here are some Teddy Bear shaped & printed bags I have
I just got the white Metamorphose one from CC and my friend gave me the brown bear backpack for my present ^^ The bear printed tote bag was found at Goodwill, where I also like to look for stuffed animal bears ;D
And then Third: Religious prints
I've always been a fan of crosses, but only recently, I've been drawn to these religious prints featuring the virgin mary or even angel/cherub themes.
Which is why...my first purchase of this theme was the BEAUTIFUL Moi Meme Moitie Stained Glass print underbust corset jsk. I saw the print in a GLB & immediately fell in love with it...especially the white version ^^ So, when I saw someone selling it on the comm sales, I HAD to get it ;) It's definitely one of the most expensive pieces I own, but totally worth it ^_^
My 2nd most expensive piece is the other religious theme jsk: L'anonciation from Juliette et Justine
This was ALSO a print I first saw in the GLB and immediately fell in love with. I went through Rakuten to reserve it & even though I had to wait A WHILE for it...I was very satisfied with the overall quality & color/print when it finally came ^^
And what to wear with these dresses...Rosaries ^_^ My collection of these have been slowly growing, ranging from offbrand ones to my AATP Rosary I got from the same seller as the MMM jsk XD
I hope you enjoyed the peek into my closet & the way I displayed the dresses is actually how I keep them hanging in the closet ^^
And now, take a peek into the other LBC member's closets ;)
oh wow you have such different taste when it comes to dresses, from crosses to bears, that's very interesting. I love the last two, they are totally my sort of thing too.
ReplyDeleteFantastic closet and post.
Jo
Haha, yeah, i'm kind of an interesting mix of light & dark ;) But yes, the last 2 are probably my prized possessions...I worked so hard to get them too ;D
DeleteI have my full wardrobe on a previous post if you're curious about my different items XD And thanks for the comment, I want to try & keep up with the LBC more...especially since I have all kinds of items now ^_^
bears <3 They are so cute! Must love!
ReplyDeleteYes! I'm a sucker for Teddy Bears ^_^ & hehe, thanks!
Deletei love that you have certain themes! that's such a cute idea! <3 you have some beautiful dresses!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yeah, my "obsessions" are pretty intense, but thanks, I love all of my pieces ;)
DeleteYou and your bears :P I swear whenever I see anything bear related I ALWAYS think of you hehe... That and AiW.
ReplyDeletePffft now that you said that Paradox focuses on the Twins... I might have to get it *shifty eyes*
hahahaha, i know...the bear & aiw obsession is a little crazy...imagine a bear/aiw combo O_O I'd probably fall off my chair XDD
DeleteBut, YES! get Paradox & then we can TWIN...the brown is nice ;) But too bad there's no red...that would've been PERFECT ^_^