Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lolita Challenge ^^

I have a friend who does the weekly Lolita Blog Carnival challenges/themes...so when she told me last week's one was to make 5 outfits using one main piece...I HAD TO TRY IT XD  

And...it was a little hard, but i'm overall happy w/ what I came up with ^^

Piece I chose: AATP Victorian Card print JSK in green ^_^
1) Otome~ish coord ^^
~as said by a fellow lolita~
My theme for this was "Gold" & I wore the jsk w/ some gold boots, whitexgold coffin purse & gold jewelry XD
"Loli-Dolly"
I am a HUGE fan of Dolly-kei, & my latest passion has been to combine dolly-kei & lolita
I chose all the staple elements of dolly kei: bird headdress(handmade), vintage blouse, brown oxfords, patterned shawl & OF COURSE, a pair of Verum tights ^_^

 3) Classic Lolita
I focused on using Ivory/off-white pieces, but i don't have an ivory purse, so i used a typical item for classic loli...a book shaped bag XD

 4) Pirate Themed ^^
I haven't actually tried to wear the blouse over the jsk, but i'd like to think it would work ;) & my JetJ tights weren't open(at this point), but I figured it would look good with the coord XD

 5) Umm...not sure what to call this...it could be classic too i guess...or Otome i suppose ^^
So, I repeated a style, but a friend gave me the idea that the detachable collar from my Atelier Pierrot dress would look good over this one...so, i tried to work with that idea & I LOVE IT!

I also had another idea including doing an "old school"/EGL coord w/ bell sleeves & RHS ;D

Overall, this theme was hard, but lots of fun ^_^ AND, I've been expanding my collection of other lolita items, like socks, bags, blouses, shoes...so that made it A LOT easier to come up with outfits ^_^ Also, I am almost CRAZY when accessorizing, so you'll notice all my different jewelry pieces for each outfit ;D



No comments:

Post a Comment