http://yaplog.jp/grimoire-blog/
http://www.grimoire-onlineshop.com/
One of the most popular items has been the introduction of Verum tights & just this summer they came out w/ Short socks...in a variety of beautiful designs ;)
The tights were featured as a wonderful addition to Lolita outfits & appeared all throughout vol 44 of the Gothic Lolita Bible! So, naturally, I figured these would be unattainable for me...or i'd have to buy 2nd hand from someone & pay a lot more than the retail price... :/
So, I put this thought on the side & instead, I checked out reviews for the tights & checked out outfit ideas...& then...one day I was checking out the Grimoire online store to see if the short socks were in stock yet...& i saw that the SOCKS & TIGHTS were IN STOCK ^_^
Then, after I had asked a fellow Lolita/Dolly Kei girl about the shopping service she went through to get her pair of tights...I contacted the SS to see if she could order some items for me...& she replied RIGHT AWAY XD
This is the SS: chibi_tenshi's post w/ links to policies, order form, etc:
http://chibi-tenshi.livejournal.com/163340.html
& It was so easy going through this SS ^^
Mon: Sept 3: SS placed order for me through Grimoire site.
Sat: Sept 8: SS received items & then invoiced me w/ total including shipping.
The breakdown is:
Total cost of item(s) (& this includes shipping from site)
+ Shipping from SS to me
+ shopping fees
It was pricey, but the breakdown made a lot of sense to me, so i was ok w/ it.
& then:
Mon or Tues: 10 or 11: SS shipped out items to me & gave me tracking info ^^
Fri: Sept 14: Package arrived in perfect condition XD
& now...some pics ;)
After I destroyed the super secure packaging...I pulled out the plastic bag w/ my goodies...& found a nice note from my SS
I bought the Un ange dans le dreamland short socks & the Un ange tights XD
These are the softest, most comfortable socks i have ever worn...& it's sooo much more beautiful in person XD The quality of the socks are really good too...probably won't tear or run unless i really snag it on something ;)
It's the perfect length on me hitting right @ my calf...which is how i've been liking my socks for summer to be ^^
I just tried them on w/ the peach dress I was wearing & then i added the awesome red flats i found @ goodwill the other day & everything matches PERFECTLY XD
& now the tights ^_^ These are soo soft as well & extra durable...i have big calves, but b/c i'm short I still managed to get the tights on...& they're so comfortable too ;)
This might be showing a big too much of my leg, but the design on this is soo beautiful...plus, it shows how non-see-thru these tights are ^^
Again, it matched pretty well w/ the dress i was wearing ;)
And FINALLY, a coord ^_^ @ first I was just going to wear one of my vintage finds...but then, i thought about the GLB & wanted to try the tights on w/ a Lolita print...& Lo & Behold! It matches PERFECTLY w/ my new Victorian Card Print dress XD
Overall, I'm Extremely happy w/ my purchase & even though it was a bit of a splurge, i'm really glad I ordered these & I can't wait to start wearing them...I think i'll use my Victorian Card print coord for a future photoshoot ;D
That's cute!
ReplyDeleteHow much did it cost for the tights?and shipping?
Did they accept credit card?
Hello ^^ I just fixed the link to the shopping service I used, so her policies are there :) &...I'll give you the breakdown for my order:
DeleteTights: $52.62
Socks: $35.78
Shipping(from Grimoire): $8
Shopping fees: $8
Shipping(to me): $17
So, it was pretty expensive for footwear...but when you see the breakdown, it actually doesn't look that bad ^_^ Hope that helped!
Hello! I've been looking for reviews for these tights and yours was quite helpful with the pictures and all n_n I really want to buy a pair of tights from Grimoire but I'm so~ afraid that I will tear them. The last time I owned an expensive brand of tights I could only wear them 4 times before I accidentally made a hole in them o_o... So I want to ask, since it's been a while since you wrote this review, are yours still intact? :')
ReplyDeleteHello, I'm glad my review helped a bit ^^ I wanted to put a lot of pictures b/c I was really concerned about sizing, but they are surprisingly stretchy ;) As for your question, my tights are still good, but that's b/c I haven't even worn them out yet :/ I got them when the weather was still warm, so I haven't had a chance to try them out...Although, I would suggest you either dryell the tights after wearing them or handwashing them...the machine probably wears down the fabric after so much use, so maybe it got weak & that's why a hole formed? I usually dryell all my tights just b/c I know how delicate they are.
DeleteBut, when i DO finally get to wear them out, i will write a post on the comfortability factor...i get heat rashes quite often & even though the weather's been cooler, i still tend to get them when wearing tights for too long ;P sorry i couldn't help more, but what i DO know is that the short socks are amazing & so comfortable to wear, so i hope that the tights will be the same XD
Alright, thank you for the helpful answer! I'm going to buy 1 pair of tights and two pairs of socks now :D And I'll follow you for other reviews n_n
DeleteOoh, wonderful ^_^ Which ones are you going to get? And thank you so much ;) I'm a shopaholic, so I'm constantly buying from all kinds of places...Especially for Lolita...there're so many sites out there XD
Delete