Catwalk Trends: Showed the A/W 2011- 2012 collections in Milan. The theme was Masculine-Femininity ^^
3 Brands = Dolce & Gabana, Gucci & Moschino (they had Military elements too ) Another theme throughout was Feminine & Dandy XD
I really LOVED this portion b/c I've always been a fan of the Dandy or boyish look, but I didn't think it matched me...but, I could totally get into this feminine + masculine idea :)
Nippon Style: Featured Junko Masachika, who is a Personal stylist. Not only for celebrities, but her services are for the every day person ^_^ Services include Stylist guided shopping, where the stylist picks the store & takes the client there, assisting them w/ their shopping. Another service is a Wardrobe check, where the stylist picks out clothes that don't work anymore & that the client should get rid of. Junko has about 6 stylists working w/ her & they show the clients what works & explain in depth why...they also want to expand a client's fashion styles, urging them to try a style they wouldn't normally try.
After the stylist picks out clothes for a first time client, they take a photograph of the client & hers/his new wardrobe in order to create a profile. The client can then become a long-term client that the stylist
checks in on every once in a while. Junko also established a school teaching up & coming personal stylists & everyone on her team were graduates.
Overall, this is a really great service if the average person has a hard time coordinating outfits ^_^ But, for me, I tend to do all these things on my own anyways...especially the wardrobe check...that happens almost every month ;P
Tokyo Buzz: Featured Recycle Shops, where items are all second-hand ;D
First place was in Ginza & it was a popular name brand that had 2nd-hand items...all in good condition.
Second place was....CLOSET CHILD ^_^ Hehe, a 2nd-hand store for Gothic/Lolita items (of course) ^^
Third place was in Omotesando called Pass The Baton. They had very unique items...including...a chandelier of tea cups O_O heh, but ALL the items also have a label on it w/ a "story" about the item written by the previous owner. Each item was someone else's treasure, so the idea is to "Pass on" the items ;)
I can't believe they showed closet child!!! I was totally freaking out XD Man, I really wanna go there one day...i'd probably spend so much money...sigh... too bad the hostess...didn't really "match" being in there...she pulled out a petti of all things...but then redeemed herself when she picked up a cute present box hat ^^ They also showed the upstairs Gothic/Punk items ;) But, that Pass the Baton store was pretty cool too XD
Hot Picks: Featured the Premium Textile Japan 2012 Spring/Summer collection
I actually wouldn't mind going to a textile exhibit one day...they have all the samples out & you can feel all the fabrics ^_^
I decided that I'll comment on each section as if I was watching the show for the first time ^^
& now...my fashion of the day ;) It's really simple, but super comfortable & i'm wearing a top that has "Dolman sleeves" which is a big trend in Japan right now ;D Also, I just got the boots :)
Top & belt: Forever21
Skirt: Handmade (by me)
Necklace: Gift from friend
Bracelet: Icing
Pocket watch necklace: Creations by You(a craft store XD )
Boots: Wholesale site
Bear bag: Genius Outfitters

No comments:
Post a Comment